Rupashree Prakalpa was launched by the Dept. of Women & Child development and Social Welfare, Govt. of West Bengal, on 1st April, 2018. The aim of this prakalpa is to mitigate the difficulties that the poor families face in bearing the expenditure of their daughters’ marriage, for which they often have to borrow money at very high rate of interest. The scheme is implemented in all the districts of West Bengal.
- The following are the eligible criteria for application:-
- The applicant (girl) has attained the age of 18 years .
- She is unmarried on the date of submission of the application.
- The proposed marriage is her first marriage.
- She was born in West Bengal or she is the resident of West Bengal for last 5 years, or her parents are permanent residents of West Bengal.
- Her family income should not be more than Rs. 1.50 lakh per annum.
- Her prospective groom has attained the age of 21 years.
- She has an active bank account for which she is the sole account holder.
- How to apply:-
- For rural area, she can submit her application to the concerned BDO Office.
- For Municipality area, she can submit her application to the concerned SDO office.
- From 1st April 2019, the applicant has to submit the online form, through www. wbrupashree.gov.in
- Documents to be submitted:-
- Age proof of the applicant and color passport photo.
- Never married status (self declaration).
- Proof of residence.
- Xerox Copy of the Bank account.
- Proof of proposed marriage.
- Age proof of proposed groom along with a colored passport photograph of the groom. The application must be submitted not less than 30 days and not more than 60 days before the date of marriage.